Issue: Increase food and cash crop production through sustainability agriculture and livestock keeping for poverty alleviation among the groups’ members and individuals in the communities.
Agriculture and livestock objectives:
- Facilitate training and support of Income Generating Activities (IGA) to promote women empowerment as well as women rights.
- Improve economic relief.
- Improve life insurance (education, health and shelter status).
- Improve environmental conservation through good agricultural husbandry practices.
- Contribute to national income.
The MAT established agriculture production and livestock keeping through women groups by empowering them with agricultural and livestock knowledge so as to increase the agriculture produces and animal products. The groups managed to grow beans, peas, beans and banana. The organization also supported women groups with dairy cows. Since its establishment the organization has supported five groups (Kumunazi, and Muungano, from Ngara district).
- The income has increased to each group member due to milk sales and crop products.
- Their children have got an opportunity to go to school due to ability of paying their school fees and other school needs.
- Their fields have improved due to farm yard manure.
- Health status has improved within their families.
- Skills in agricultural and livestock have improved among of groups’ members and the entire communities at large.
MEMBER GROUPS SUPPORTED BY MAG THOUGHT MAT
Below is a breakdown of the groups together with their activities where Marafiki wa Afrika Tanzania (MAT) through Marafiki wa Afrika Germany (MAG) has provided a strong helping hand to boost people’s livelihood.
- KUMNAZI INTERGRATED WOMEN IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME (KIWIP)
- MUUNGANO WOMEN GROUP IN RULENGE TOWN
- MKOMBOZI WOMEN GROUP
Baramba girls’ Secondary School projects
Please Click This Link to View Baramba Girls Secondary School Agricultural Projects
Individuals who have benefited with MAG through MAT
Below is a list of some of the individual members who have benefited from Marafiki wa Afrika Germany in various ways financially, materially and even exposure to Europe. Some of these individuals include;
Fr. Isaias Bambara, Mr. Privatus, Karugendo, Mr. Modest Kagaruki, Mr. Daniel Ndayanse, Fr. Benezeth Rwegoshora, Fr. Desiderius Nsavyumwami, Sr. Pudentiana Kirungo, Mrs. Bitakwate, Mr. Gratian Rutayuga, Mr. Christian Byamungu, Fr Didas Kasusura, Dr. Dominic Tibyampasha and Mr. Angelo Nzigiye among of others.
Members of MASCA for the whole period have been convening meetings regarding to members who asking for the loans and how to return after three to six months according to the constitution of the society. Also normal meetings have been convened to discuss on how to mobilize staff members (Baramba and MAT) to join MASCA and most of staff are willing to join it. To date it has got eight members (2 female and 6 male).
Positive results of MAT through MAG in Agriculture
- Promotion of Women empowerment to both young and adults so as to get their needs.
- Role rights to participate in the society.
- Contribution to the growth of national economy